Job Vacancy: TwilightHealth Care Assistant
Location: Woodstock Care Home, 80 Woodstock Road, Sittingbourne Kent ME10 4HN
Contracted hours: 20 Hours (Including every other weekend) 4pm – 8pm
Hourly rate of pay: £9.50
We are currently on the lookout for a positive and motivated individual to join our growing team as a Twilight Health Care Assistant. This important job role requires someone who is deeply passionate about caring for the elderly. Being a valued member of our team, you will need to have a genuine drive to assist those using our services, including our residents, their families and visitors. If this sounds like you, then please read on…
What does the role involve?
Your role will be key to promoting the physical and emotional well-being of our residents in all aspects of their lives. You will be mainly involved in:
- Helping our residents to have their tea and helping them to get ready for bed.
· Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene and dressing.
· Assisting with meal times.
· Ensuring residents’ independence, dignity and respect, by delivering the very best person-centred care.
· Helping to maintain accurate records.
· Undertaking regular ongoing training.
What skills do I need?
· Caring, warm-hearted and compassionate nature
· The desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of others
· Good written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· The ability to work as part of a team
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Diploma/NVQ Level 2 desirable
What benefits are included?
· Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
· Paid training hours, ongoing development and opportunities for career progression
· 5.6 weeks annual leave
· Nellsar work uniform
· Staff transport/free on-site parking available
· Workplace pension
· ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
· Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
· Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
If you meet the requirements above, we’d love to hear from you! At Nellsar, we are looking for highly engaging, social individuals to dive right in with the dedicated teams at our Homes. Tell us about yourself and why you would make the perfect candidate for this rewarding role, working with the elderly on a daily basis. In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us – you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
About Nellsar (www.nellsar.com)
Nellsar is a leading provider of Nursing and Residential Care Homes in South-East England. A family-run business, we have been offering quality care services since 1988. Comprising 13 Care Homes with accommodation for over 600 residents, our quality facilities cater for the full spectrum of elderly care requirements. We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and are committed to providing a stimulating and fulfilling place to work. Nellsar Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The health and well-being of our residents and staff is our priority at Nellsar and vaccination offers the best protection against the COVID-19 virus for those living and working in our Homes. From November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a care home, will need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are exempt under the regulations.
Part-time hours: 20 per week