Website Abbotsleigh Care Home
Job Vacancy: Senior Health Care Assistant
Location: Abbotsleigh Care Centre, George Street, Staplehurst, Kent, TN12 0RB
Contracted hours: Days – 33/44 hours per week
Hourly rate of pay: £10.50 per hour
We are currently on the lookout for a positive and motivated individual to join our growing team as a Senior Health Care Assistant. This important job role requires someone who is deeply passionate about caring for the elderly. They also need to have a genuine drive to manage a Care Team responsible for those using our services, including our residents, their families and visitors. If this sounds like you, then please read on…
What does the role involve?
Your role will be key to driving and motivating our Care Team. You will be responsible for:
· Managing a team of care staff to ensure our residents receive high quality person-centred care.
· Welcoming and admitting new residents, including care planning and medication.
· Providing all aspects of personal care for residents.
· Monitoring standards, supervising and inducting junior staff.
What skills do I need?
· A compassionate and caring nature
· NVQ 3 or above qualification
· Up-to-date clinical skills
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to nurture and develop staff
· Good organisational skills and the ability to work unsupervised
· Ability to foster and develop communication with external agencies
· Ability to manage your workload and maintain standards
What benefits are included?
· Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
· Paid training hours and ongoing development
· Management development opportunities
· Career progression and support
· 5.6 weeks annual leave
· Nellsar work uniform
· Staff transport/free on-site parking available
· Workplace pension
· ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
· Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
· Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
If you meet the requirements above, we’d love to hear from you! At Nellsar, we are looking for highly engaging, social individuals to dive right in with the dedicated teams at our Homes. Tell us about yourself and why you would make the perfect candidate for this rewarding role, working with the elderly on a daily basis. In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us – you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
About Nellsar (www.nellsar.com)
Nellsar is a leading provider of Nursing and Residential Care Homes in South-East England. A family-run business, we have been offering quality care services since 1988. Comprising 13 Care Homes with accommodation for over 600 residents, our quality facilities cater for the full spectrum of elderly care requirements. We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and are committed to providing a stimulating and fulfilling place to work. Nellsar Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The health and well-being of our residents and staff is our priority at Nellsar and vaccination offers the best protection against the COVID-19 virus for those living and working in our Homes. From November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a care home, will need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are exempt under the regulations.