Job Vacancy: Senior Health Care Assistant (Days or Nights)
Location: Abbotsleigh Care Centre, George Street, Staplehurst, Kent, TN12 0RB
Contracted hours: 33/44 hours per week
Hourly rate of pay: £10.14 per hour
We are currently on the lookout for a positive and motivated individual to join our growing team as a Senior Health Care Assistant. As with all roles at Nellsar, the job title requires someone who is deeply passionate about caring for the elderly. They also need to have a genuine drive to manage a care team responsible for those using our services, including our residents, their families and visitors. Think you meet the criteria? Then read on…
What does the role involve?
Your role will be key to driving and motivating our Care Team. You will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of care staff to ensure our residents receive high quality person-centred care.
- Welcoming and admitting new residents, including care planning and medication.
- Providing all aspects of personal care for residents.
- Monitoring standards, and supervising and inducting junior staff.
What skills do I need?
- A compassionate and caring nature
- NVQ 3 or above qualification
- Up-to-date clinical skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to nurture and develop staff
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to foster and develop communication with external agencies
- Ability to manage your workload and maintain standards
What benefits are included?
- Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
- Excellent training and ongoing development
- Management development opportunities
- Career progression and support
- Nellsar work uniform
- Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
- Workplace pension
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
- Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
- Free on-site parking
If you meet all the above requirements, we’d love to hear from you! It’s also very important to us that as well meeting the job description, you can bring a wealth of experience and qualities that make you ideal for working with the elderly on a daily basis. At Nellsar, we’re people people, and expect a highly engaging, social individual to dive right in with the colourful teams at our homes. So please tell us about yourself and why you would make the perfect candidate for this rewarding role. In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us – you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
About Nellsar (www.nellsar.com)
Nellsar is a leading provider of Nursing and Residential Care Homes in South East England. A family-run business, we have been offering quality care services for 30 years. Comprising 13 Care Homes with accommodation for up to 700 residents, our quality facilities cater for the full spectrum of elderly care requirements. We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and are committed to providing a stimulating and fulfilling place to work.
Vaccination offers the best protection against the virus both for staff and care home residents. From 11th November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a care home, will need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are exempt under the regulations.
Entering a care home for a job interview: Anyone who enters a care home for a job interview must show proof of vaccination unless they are exempt. If someone intends to have the vaccination but is not yet vaccinated, the interview should take place outside of the care home or remotely (via video call or telephone).
Recruitment of new staff: The regulations also apply to new staff recruited by the registered provider. It is important to note that only new recruits that have had a full course of an MHRA approved COVID-19 vaccine or are medically exempt from the requirement are eligible to work in the care home. It will only be possible for a newly appointed member of staff to start working in the care home once they have provided evidence of their vaccination status or a medical exemption.