Website Lukestone Care Home
Job Vacancy: Registered General Nurse
Location: Lukestone Care Centre, 7 St Michaels Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 8BS
Contracted hours: Days – 38.5
Hourly rate of pay: Starting from £17.00 to £18.50
We are looking for a positive and motivated Nurse to join our team. You will be passionate about nursing, with a genuine drive to manage a Care Team responsible for those using our services, including our residents, their families and visitors.
What does the role involve?
Your role will be key to driving and motivating our Care Team. You will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of staff to ensure our residents receive quality person-centred care.
- Welcoming and admitting new residents, including care planning and medication.
- Monitoring standards, supervising and inducting staff.
Once you have settled into your role there will be development opportunities linked to your personal interests, such as Tissue Viability Link Nurse, Key Person for Medication ordering, Key Lead for Infection Control, End of life Care, GSF and more.
What skills do I need?
- A compassionate and caring nature
- To be a Qualified Registered General Nurse with valid NMC PIN
- Up-to-date clinical skills
- Knowledge of the current care practices laid down by the CQC
- Knowledge of dementia and palliative care
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to nurture and develop staff
- Ability to foster and develop communication with external agencies
- Ability to manage your workload and maintain standards
- Ability to monitor and maintain clinical skills
- Auditing skills
What benefits are included?
- Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
- Excellent training and ongoing development
- Management development opportunities
- Career progression and support with re-validation
- Nellsar work uniform
- Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
- Workplace pension
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
- Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
- Free on-site parking
- Applicants who require Tier 2 Sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered
Apply for this job today and tell us about yourself, your experiences and the qualities you have which would make you an ideal candidate for this essential and rewarding role.
About Nellsar (www.nellsar.com)
Nellsar is a leading provider of Nursing and Residential Care Homes in South East England. A family-run business, we have been offering quality care services for 30 years. Comprising 13 Care Homes with accommodation for up to 700 residents, our quality facilities cater for the full spectrum of elderly care requirements. We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and are committed to providing a stimulating and fulfilling place to work.
Nellsar Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.