Post: Nurse Unit Manager
Where: Hengist Field Care Home, Pond Farm Lane, Borden, Sittingbourne ME9
Hours: 40 hours pw
Rate of Pay: Starting at £19 per hour
To be responsible for the well being, i.e. the physical, emotional and social needs of the people who use our services, in a caring, kind and respectful manner, preserving dignity and self-respect at all times.
§ To fulfil the expectation of Nellsar Ltd for all employees to give their personal best and strive for continuous improvement to ensure that the highest standards of care and service are delivered to all people that use our service.
§ To bear in mind the overall objectives of the Care Home, namely that people who use our services will be encouraged to maintain independence and choice in a homely environment which promotes excellent customer relationships.
a) To enable people who use our services to live in a manner similar to their usual home life.
b) To maintain the individual’s independence, choice and privacy at all times.
c) To oversee and assist in all aspects of care and activities for the people who use our services, where necessary making decisions related to the care provided to individuals.
d) To promote and maintain excellent communications with all internal and external agencies.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Personal Care of People who use our Services.:
1) To assess the individual needs of people who use our service and ensure that they receive the highest standards of holistic, person centred care and attention appropriate to their needs.
2) To participate fully in the overall care of people who use our services.
3) To ensure that the day to day running of the care aspects of the Home is in accordance with the management policies, quality systems and to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and CQC in particular.
4) To ensure care plans are completed for all people who use our service as soon as possible, preferably after admission, consulting with the individual and/or relative.
5) Ensure care plans are evaluated and reviewed regularly.
6) To establish good personal relationships with the service user and their families.
Personal responsibilities and duties:
1) To act in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and Guidance documents at all times.
2) To maintain NMC PIN number at all times.
3) To maintain and promote relationships with GPs and Primary Care Trust in the local
4) To maintain the duty to whistle blow if witness bad practice or harm to an individual
within the Home.
1) To keep strict control of recording, ordering and the return of medication to the Pharmacy in accordance with company policies.
2) To audit MARRS sheets as requested by the Registered Manager.
3) To follow medication administration guidelines, complete documentation, maintain correct ordering, storage and disposal procedures.
4) To report all medication incident/errors immediately to the Registered Manager/ GP or other Health Professional.
Health and Safety
1) To assist in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by ensuring adherence to Health and Safety and Welfare policies and procedures.
2) To ensure Infection Control procedures are adhered to at all times.
3) To ensure COSHH regulations are adhered to for storage and use of chemicals.
4) To ensure all accidents and incidents are documented and reported to the Registered Manager, maintaining RIDDOR reporting as requested.
1. To ensure fire exits are free from obstruction at all times.
1) To ensure that the day to day running of the care aspects of the Unit is in accordance with the management policies and quality systems.
2) To maintain the lead for clinical practice and care within the Unit, ensuring high standards of care are maintained at all times.
3) To deploy staff efficiently in relation to care duties to be covered and management of the rota for the Unit.
4) To ensure compliance with CQC and all other statutory requirements.
5) To give guidance and training to nursing, care and ancillary staff within the Home.
6) To provide support and direction for nursing and care staff.
7) To maintain and promote relationships with GPs and Primary Care Trust in the local community.
8) To assist in the marketing and promotion of the Home to maintain high occupancy.
9) To ensure that any vacant rooms are ready for viewing by prospective clients at all times.
10) To participate in inspections by CQC, Environmental Health and other external
regulatory agencies, as requested by the Registered Manager.
11) To assist in the investigation of complaints as requested by the Registered Manager.
12) To ensure that all complaints are documented and reported to the Registered Manager.
1) To assist as necessary in the recruitment of staff in consultation with the Registered Manager and in accordance with company policies.
2) To liaise with the Deputy Manager and assist with the orientation and induction programmes for all the new staff.
3) To be responsible for the training programme within the Home, for all staff, ensuring all Mandatory and Statutory training is maintained and updated, and that any additional training issues are identified and discussed with the Registered Manager.
4) To be responsible for maintaining the Training Matrix and records for the Home.
5) To manage the appraisals of staff, identifying training needs, and undertake supervision sessions for staff within the Unit.
6) To attend and assist with staff meetings.
7) To attend mandatory and statutory training, as requested by the Registered Manager.
8) To participate in an annual appraisal.
9) To undertake training and development as requested by the Registered Manager.