Vacancy: Maintenance Person
Location: Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre, Silverpoint Marine, Canvey Island, Essex, SS8 7TN
Contracted hours: 35 Hours per week
Rate of Pay: Starting at £10ph / Dependant on experience.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Maintenance Person to join our team. You will be a motivated individual, with proven maintenance experience and a genuine drive to provide a safe and well-maintained environment for those in our care. A full driving licence and own transport is required to be considered for this role.
What does the role involve?
In consultation with our Home Manager, your role will be to maintain our Home and grounds, ensuring all areas are free from hazards and all equipment and systems are safe and in full working order. As a valued member of our team, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the exterior of our building and grounds are maintained to a safe and good standard of
- Coordinating and controlling all building works and refurbishments with minimum disturbance to our residents and staff.
- Carrying out routine monitoring and repairs on all systems and liaising with our Home Manager if specialist repairs are necessary.
- Ensuring regular test and checks are carried out and recorded, including boilers function checks, fire alarm systems activation and water services and water temperature tests
- Advising Home Manager on any potential maintenance problems, e.g. heating systems, refrigeration, electrics, gas, and faulty equipment
- Complying with all aspects of Health & Safety at Work Act (e.g. COSHH) to assist in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment, including recording all health and safety checks
- Ensuring that safety and cleanliness within our Care Home and grounds is to the satisfaction of the Environmental Health, Fire and Safety at Work regulations
- Making sure tools and equipment are maintained and stored safely
- Being the first port of call for staff when repairs are required and assisting with the induction of staff, e.g. operation of emergency exits, fire points and evacuation procedures
- Giving advice over the telephone and/or being prepared to be called out to the Home in emergencies when off duty.
- Assisting with driving the Home’s minibus, or similar vehicles, for residents’ outings, as requested by the Home Manager.
What skills do I need?
- Proven maintenance skills and experience
- Positive and motivated nature
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- The ability to manage own time, prioritising and organising work appropriately
- Time management and adaptability
- Attention to detail
- A sociable and caring personality, with the ability to build a positive relationship with the people in our care
- Own transport and full driving licence is essential
Summary of benefits:
- Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme/Training
- Nellsar uniform
- Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
- Workplace pension
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000 and Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
If the above seems like a good fit for you, we would love to hear from you!
Apply for this job today and tell us about yourself, your experiences and the qualities you have which would make you an ideal candidate for this essential and rewarding role.
Vaccination offers the best protection against the virus both for staff and care home residents. From 11th November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a care home, will need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are exempt under the regulations.
Entering a care home for a job interview: Anyone who enters a care home for a job interview must show proof of vaccination unless they are exempt. If someone intends to have the vaccination but is not yet vaccinated, the interview should take place outside of the care home or remotely (via video call or telephone).
Recruitment of new staff: The regulations also apply to new staff recruited by the registered provider. It is important to note that only new recruits that have had a full course of an MHRA approved COVID-19 vaccine or are medically exempt from the requirement are eligible to work in the care home. It will only be possible for a newly appointed member of staff to start working in the care home once they have provided evidence of their vaccination status or a medical exemption.