Job Vacancy: Kitchen Assistant
Location: Hengist Field Care Home, Pond Farm Road, Borden, Sittingbourne ME9 8LS
Contracted hours: 27 Hours per week
Hourly rate of pay: £9.50 per hour
Do you love cooking and making others happy with your dishes? Do you get a buzz out of creating delicious recipes that leave people with full stomachs and wide smiles? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to join our professional and dedicated catering team as a Kitchen Assistant. In the centre of our busy kitchen, you will help prepare, cook and serve nutritious and hearty meals for those in our care, as well as their families and other visitors. Have we sparked your interest? Read on to find out more…
What does the role involve?
Working within a supportive team, you will be involved with:
· Assisting in the preparation of food and drinks.
· Preparing trolleys for meals and helping serve meals, including preparing and serving evening tea.
· Maintaining high standards of cleanliness in our kitchen in accordance with requirements.
· Maintaining a safe and healthy working environment by adhering to policies and procedures.
· Ensuring all cleaning materials are handled according to COSHH requirements.
What skills do I need?
· Positive and motivated nature
· Creative and flexible catering skills
· A sociable and caring personality, with the ability to build a positive relationship with the people we are cater and care for.
· Excellent communication skills
· The ability to prioritise and organise work appropriately
· Excellent time management
· Attention to detail
· A professional and neat appearance
What benefits are included?
· Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
· Paid training hours, ongoing development and opportunities for career progression
· 5.6 weeks annual leave
· Nellsar work uniform
· Staff transport/free on-site parking available
· Workplace pension
· ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
· Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
· Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
If you meet the requirements above, we’d love to hear from you! At Nellsar, we are looking for highly engaging, social individuals to dive right in with the dedicated teams at our Homes. Tell us about yourself and why you would make the perfect candidate for this rewarding role, working with the elderly on a daily basis. In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us – you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
About Nellsar (www.nellsar.com)
Nellsar is a leading provider of Nursing and Residential Care Homes in South-East England. A family-run business, we have been offering quality care services since 1988. Comprising 13 Care Homes with accommodation for over 600 residents, our quality facilities cater for the full spectrum of elderly care requirements. We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and are committed to providing a stimulating and fulfilling place to work. Nellsar Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The health and well-being of our residents and staff is our priority at Nellsar and vaccination offers the best protection against the COVID-19 virus for those living and working in our Homes. From November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a care home, will need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are exempt under the regulations.
Part-time hours: 27 per week