Job Vacancy: Kitchen Assistant
Location: The Old Downs Care Home, Castle Hill, Hartley, Longfield Kent
Contracted hours: 11 hours per week
Hourly rate of pay: £9.50
Love cooking and making others happy with your dishes? Do you get a buzz out of creating delicious recipes that leave people with full stomachs and wide smiles? If so, you will be glad to know we are currently on the lookout for a Kitchen Assistant to join our professional and dedicated catering team. In the centre of our busy kitchen, you will be expected to help prepare, cook and serve nutritious, hearty meals for those in our care, as well as their families and other visitors. Have we piqued your interest? If so, please read on to find out more…
What does the role involve?
Working within a supportive team, you will be involved with:
- Assisting in the preparation of food and drinks.
- Preparing trolleys for meals and helping serve meals when required, including preparing and serving evening tea.
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the kitchen according to Health and Safety and Environmental Health requirements.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy working environment by adhering to Health & Safety and Welfare policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that all cleaning materials are handled according to COSHH requirements.
What skills do I need?
- Positive and motivated nature
- Creative and flexible catering skills
- A sociable and caring personality, with the ability to build a positive relationship with the people we are catering and caring for
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to prioritise and organise work appropriately
- Excellent time management
- Attention to detail
- A professional and neat appearance
What benefits are included?
- Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
- Focused training and ongoing development
- Nellsar work uniform
- Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
- Workplace pension
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
- Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
- Free on-site parking
If you meet all the above requirements, we’d love to hear from you! It’s also very important to us that as well meeting the job description, you can bring a wealth of experience and qualities that make you ideal for working with the elderly on a daily basis. At Nellsar, we’re people people, and expect a highly engaging, social individual to dive right in with the colourful teams at our homes. So please tell us about yourself and why you would make the perfect candidate for this rewarding role. In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us – you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
About Nellsar (www.nellsar.com)
Nellsar is a leading provider of Nursing and Residential Care Homes in South East England. A family-run business, we have been offering quality care services for 30 years. Comprising 13 Care Homes with accommodation for up to 700 residents, our quality facilities cater for the full spectrum of elderly care requirements. We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and are committed to providing a stimulating and fulfilling place to work.
Nellsar Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Entering a care home for a job interview: Anyone who enters a care home for a job interview must show proof of vaccination unless they are exempt. If someone intends to have the vaccination but is not yet vaccinated, the interview should take place outside of the care home or remotely (via video call or telephone).
Recruitment of new staff: The regulations also apply to new staff recruited by the registered provider. It is important to note that only new recruits that have had a full course of an MHRA approved COVID-19 vaccine or are medically exempt from the requirement are eligible to work in the care home. It will only be possible for a newly appointed member of staff to start working in the care home once they have provided evidence of their vaccination status or a medical exemption.