Website Silverpoint Court Residential Care Home
Job Vacancy: Healthcare Assistant
Location: Silverpoint Court Residential Care Centre, Silverpoint Marine, Canvey Island, SS8 7TN
Contracted hours: 18 hours per week (Days) / 28.5 hours per week (Nights) OR Bank (Zero hour contract)
Hourly rate of pay: £9.50/Depending on experience
We are currently on the lookout for a positive and motivated individual to join our growing team as a Health Care Assistant. As with all roles at Nellsar, the job title requires someone who is deeply passionate about caring for the elderly. Being a valued and respected member of the team, you will need to have a genuine drive to assist those using our services, including our residents, their families and visitors. Think you meet the criteria? Then read on…
What does the role involve?
Your role will be key to promoting the physical and emotional well-being of our residents in all aspects of their lives. As a valued member of our team, you will be involved in:
· Providing physical and mental stimulation for residents by taking part in social and recreational activities, on a one-to-one and group basis.
· Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene and dressing.
· Assisting with meal times.
· Ensuring residents’ independence, dignity and respect, by delivering the very best person-centred care.
· Helping to maintain accurate records.
· Undertaking regular ongoing training.
What skills do I need?
· Caring, warm-hearted and compassionate nature
· The desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of others
· Good written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Diploma/NVQ Level 2 desirable for this role
· The ability to work as part of a team
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
What benefits are included?
· Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
· Focused training and ongoing development
· Nellsar work uniform
· Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
· Workplace pension
· 5.6 weeks annual leave
· ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
· Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
· Career progression and support
· Free on-site parking
If you meet all the above requirements, we’d love to hear from you! It’s also very important to us that as well meeting the job description, you can bring a wealth of experience and qualities that make you ideal for working with the elderly on a daily basis. At Nellsar, we’re people people, and expect a highly engaging, social individual to dive right in with the colourful teams at our homes. So please tell us about yourself and why you would make the perfect candidate for this rewarding role. In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us – you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
About Nellsar (www.nellsar.com)
Nellsar is a leading provider of Nursing and Residential Care Homes in South East England. A family-run business, we have been offering quality care services for 30 years. Comprising 13 Care Homes with accommodation for up to 700 residents, our quality facilities cater for the full spectrum of elderly care requirements. We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and are committed to providing a stimulating and fulfilling place to work.
Vaccination offers the best protection against the virus both for staff and care home residents. From 11th November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a care home, will need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are exempt under the regulations.
Entering a care home for a job interview: Anyone who enters a care home for a job interview must show proof of vaccination unless they are exempt. If someone intends to have the vaccination but is not yet vaccinated, the interview should take place outside of the care home or remotely (via video call or telephone).
Recruitment of new staff: The regulations also apply to new staff recruited by the registered provider. It is important to note that only new recruits that have had a full course of an MHRA approved COVID-19 vaccine or are medically exempt from the requirement are eligible to work in the care home. It will only be possible for a newly appointed member of staff to start working in the care home once they have provided evidence of their vaccination status or a medical exemption.