Job Vacancy: Health Care Assistant (Nights)
Location: Lulworth House Residential Home, Queens Avenue, Maidstone ME16 0EN
Contracted hours: 22 or 33 Hours (2 or 3 Night shifts)
Hourly rate of pay: £10.00 per hour
We are currently on the lookout for a positive and motivated individual to join our growing team as a Health Care Assistant. This important job role requires someone who is deeply passionate about caring for the elderly. Being a valued member of our team, you will need to have a genuine drive to assist those using our services, including our residents, their families and visitors. If this sounds like you, then please read on…
What does the role involve?
Your role will be key to promoting the physical and emotional well-being of our residents in all aspects of their lives. You will be involved in:
- Providing physical and mental stimulation for our residents by taking part in social and recreational activities, on a one-to-one and group basis.
- Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene and dressing.
- Assisting with meal times.
- Ensuring residents’ independence, dignity and respect, by delivering the very best person-centred care.
- Helping to maintain accurate records.
- Undertaking regular ongoing training.
What skills do I need?
- Caring, warm-hearted and compassionate nature
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of others
- Good written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
What benefits are included?
- Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
- Paid training hours, ongoing development and opportunities for career progression
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Nellsar work uniform
- Staff transport/free on-site parking available
- Workplace pension
- ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
- Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
- Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
If you meet the requirements above, we’d love to hear from you! At Nellsar, we are looking for highly engaging, social individuals to dive right in with the dedicated teams at our Homes. Tell us about yourself and why you would make the perfect candidate for this rewarding role, working with the elderly on a daily basis. In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us – you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
About Nellsar (www.nellsar.com)
Nellsar is a leading provider of Nursing and Residential Care Homes in South-East England. A family-run business, we have been offering quality care services since 1988. Comprising 13 Care Homes with accommodation for over 600 residents, our quality facilities cater for the full spectrum of elderly care requirements. We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and are committed to providing a stimulating and fulfilling place to work. Nellsar Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The physical health and mental wellbeing of all Nellsar’ s residents and staff is paramount. Vaccination against Covid-19 offers everyone
the best protection against the virus. Nellsar recognises the continuing risk of Covid-19 and has processes to manage and mitigate the risk to residents and staff. From the 15th March 2022, staff members will no longer be required to provide proof of vaccination status or proof of valid exemption, however, all staff on commencement of employment and ongoing will be advised of all available immunisations and recommended to ask their GP to immunise them if the risk assessment indicates they would benefit.