Website Bromley Park Care Home
Job Vacancy: Health Care Assistant
Location: Bromley Park Care Centre, 75 Bromley Road, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 5PA
Contracted hours: Days – 22/33/44 hours per week
Hourly rate of pay: £9.50/Depending on experience
We are looking for a hardworking team player who is passionate about beginning or developing a career in the care industry. You will be motivated and compassionate, with a genuine interest in benefitting the lives of those within our care.
If you want to make a real difference to people’s lives and feel you could bring a kind, caring and fun personality to our team then please do not hesitate to contact us!
What does the role involve?
Your role will be key to promoting the physical and emotional well-being of our residents in all aspects of their lives. As a valued member of our team, you will be involved in:
- Providing physical and mental stimulation for residents by taking part in social and recreational activities, on a one-to-one and group basis
- Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene and dressing
- Assisting with mealtimes
- Ensuring residents’ independence, dignity and respect, by delivering the very best person-centred care
- Helping to maintain accurate records
- Undertaking regular ongoing training
- Developing relationships with our residents and their relatives in order to gain a better understanding of how to provide the best possible care
What skills do I need?
- Caring, warm-hearted and compassionate nature
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of others
- Good written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Diploma/NVQ Level 2 desirable for this role but not essential as full training can be provided for the right applicants (values are very important to us!)
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
What benefits are included?
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Focused training and ongoing development, we are keen to assist individuals with building a career
- Nellsar uniform
- Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role – payment will be required prior to commencing the role and this will be reimbursed following completion of a successful probation period (26 weeks)
- Workplace pension
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
- Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
- Free on-site parking
- The satisfaction of finishing a days work knowing that you have made a positive impact in someone’s life – highly rewarding role
If the above seems like a good fit for you, we would love to hear from you!
Apply for this job today and tell us about yourself, your experiences and the qualities you have which would make you an ideal candidate for this essential and rewarding role.
The health and well-being of our residents and staff is our priority at Nellsar and vaccination offers the best protection against the COVID-19 virus for those living and working in our Homes. From November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a care home, will need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are exempt under the regulations.