Job Vacancy: Domestic Assistant
Location: Sonya Lodge Care Home, 10 High Road, Wilmington, Dartford DA2 7EG
Contracted hours: 14 Hours Per Week
Hourly rate of pay: £8.72
They say first impressions mean everything. At Nellsar, we ensure our homes are attractive places to live and thrive by working hard to keep them spotless and welcoming. We now have a position available to join our team as a Domestic Assistant. Do you take pride in keeping your surroundings clean and tidy? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to join our professional and friendly team. We go above and beyond to keep our homes in tip-top condition and need your help to keep it that way! Read on for more…
We are looking for a dedicated. You will play a key role in ensuring our residents, families and visitors receive a positive impression of our Home by keeping it spotless and welcoming.
What does the role involve?
Attending to our facilities with a keep eye for detail, the role will include:
· Cleaning residents’ rooms and shared areas
· Ensure all of the residents’ rooms and communal areas are kept smart, clean and tidy.
· Managing our laundry
What skills do I need?
· A cheerful, caring and compassionate nature
· Attention to detail
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· The ability to prioritise and organise work appropriately
· The ability to work on own initiative, unsupervised
· The desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of others
· Assisting in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by ensuring adherence to Health & Safety and Welfare.
· Maintaining a high standard of hygiene by adhering to COSSH guidelines
What benefits are included?
· Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
· Focused training and ongoing development
· Nellsar work uniform
· Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
· Workplace pension
· 5.6 weeks annual leave
· ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
· Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
· Free on-site parking
If you meet all the above requirements, we’d love to hear from you! It’s also very important to us that as well meeting the job description, you can bring a wealth of experience and qualities that make you ideal for working with the elderly on a daily basis. At Nellsar, we’re people people, and expect a highly engaging, social individual to dive right in with the colourful teams at our homes. So please tell us about yourself and why you would make the perfect candidate for this rewarding role. In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us – you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
About Nellsar (www.nellsar.com)
Nellsar is a leading provider of Nursing and Residential Care Homes in South East England. A family-run business, we have been offering quality care services for 30 years. Comprising 13 Care Homes with accommodation for up to 700 residents, our quality facilities cater for the full spectrum of elderly care requirements. We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and are committed to providing a stimulating and fulfilling place to work.
Nellsar Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.