Job Vacancy: Dining Room Assistant
Location: Loose Valley Care Centre, 15 Linton Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 0AG
Contracted hours: 22 Hours per week OR 16.5 hours per week
Hourly rate of pay: £8.91
We have an exciting position that has just become available at one or our family-run homes as a Dining Assistant. This important and hands-on role requires an enthusiastic and motivated individual to assist our residents at mealtimes and ensure they enjoy a high-quality, comfortable dining experience. At Nellsar, dining is a very important part of our offering and you will play a crucial part in helping us to deliver a high-standard of service for those in our care. Think you’ve got what it takes? Find out more below…
What does the role involve?
Under the direction of the Catering Team/Home Management, you will be involved in:
· Assisting our residents with their food and drinks at mealtimes
· Interacting with residents to help create a pleasant and dignified dining experience
· Helping to ensure dining areas are properly prepared and well-maintained during mealtimes
· Helping to maintain a high standard of service and hygiene
What skills do I need?
· A caring, warm-hearted and compassionate nature
· The ability to build positive relationships with the people we are catering and caring for
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Attention to detail
· A neat and professional appearance
· Pride in presentation and delivery of food and drink.
What benefits are included?
· Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
· Focused training and ongoing development
· Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
· Workplace pension
· 5.6 weeks annual leave
· ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
· Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
· Free on-site parking
If you meet all the above requirements, we’d love to hear from you! It’s also very important to us that as well meeting the job description, you can bring a wealth of experience and qualities that make you ideal for working with the elderly on a daily basis. At Nellsar, we’re people people, and expect a highly engaging, social individual to dive right in with the colourful teams at our homes. So please tell us about yourself and why you would make the perfect candidate for this rewarding role. In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us – you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
About Nellsar (www.nellsar.com)
Nellsar is a leading provider of Nursing and Residential Care Homes in South East England. A family-run business, we have been offering quality care services for 30 years. Comprising 13 Care Homes with accommodation for up to 700 residents, our quality facilities cater for the full spectrum of elderly care requirements. We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and are committed to providing a stimulating and fulfilling place to work.