Job Vacancy: Dining Assistant
Location: Hengist Field Care Home, Pond Farm Road, Borden, Sittingbourne ME9 8LS
Contracted hours: 36 Hours Per Week (including some occasional weekend work).
Hours – 8.30am – 6.30pm. Part-time hours also considered as a job share.
Hourly rate of pay: £9.50 Per Hour.
A new job opening for a Dining Assistant has recently become available at one of our family-run Homes. At Nellsar, dining is a very important part of our offering and our Dining Assistants play a crucial part in helping us to deliver a high-standard of service for those in our care. This important and hands-on role requires an enthusiastic and motivated individual to assist our residents at mealtimes and ensure they enjoy a high-quality, comfortable dining experience. If this sounds like you, then please read on…
What does the role involve?
Under the direction of our Catering Team and Home Management, you will be involved in:
- Assisting our residents with their food and drinks at mealtimes.
- Interacting with our residents to help create a pleasant and dignified dining experience.
- Helping to ensure dining areas are properly prepared and well-maintained during mealtimes.
- Helping to maintain a high standard of service and hygiene.
What skills do I need?
- A caring, warm-hearted and compassionate nature
- The ability to build positive relationships with the people we cater and care for
- Pride in presentation and delivery of food and drink
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- A neat and professional appearance
What benefits are included?
- Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
- Paid training hours, ongoing development and opportunities for career progression
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Nellsar work uniform
- Staff transport/free on-site parking available
- Workplace pension
- ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
- Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
- Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
If you meet the requirements above, we’d love to hear from you! At Nellsar, we are looking for highly engaging, social individuals to dive right in with the dedicated teams at our Homes. Tell us about yourself and why you would make the perfect candidate for this rewarding role, working with the elderly on a daily basis. In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us – you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
About Nellsar (www.nellsar.com)
Nellsar is a leading provider of Nursing and Residential Care Homes in South-East England. A family-run business, we have been offering quality care services since 1988. Comprising 13 Care Homes with accommodation for over 600 residents, our quality facilities cater for the full spectrum of elderly care requirements. We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and are committed to providing a stimulating and fulfilling place to work. Nellsar Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The health and well-being of our residents and staff is our priority at Nellsar and vaccination offers the best protection against the COVID-19 virus for those living and working in our Homes. From November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a care home, will need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are exempt under the regulations.