Job Vacancy: Deputy Manager (Full-Time)
Location: Silverpoint Court Care Centre, Canvey Island, Essex, SS8 7TN
Rate of Pay: Starting at £12.50ph
24 Hours Senior on shift, 16 Hours Deputy Manager Supernumerary.
If you are caring by nature and looking to work in a dedicated care-based environment, which is both vibrant and innovative and friendly and supportive, then a Nellsar Care Home is the place for you.
What does the role involve?
As the Deputy Manager you will support the Home Manager in the day to day running of the Home, showing your passion and commitment for delivering the highest standard of care to our residents and developing evidenced based care in a safe, friendly and comfortable environment.
You will be inducting and supervising the care staff team, liaising with multidisciplinary team and families, helping in administering and ordering medicine, assessing and planning admissions.
To be considered for this role, you will need the following:
- Caring, warm-hearted and compassionate nature
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of others Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team adaptability
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- 40 hours a week which will include every other week on shift and being on-call.
At least have a Health & Social Care NVQ Level 3 Award or working towards Level 5
- Excellent communication skills and a team player.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a senior carer/team leader or equivalent.
- The person will take overall responsibility of staff and residents in the absence of the Home Manager.
- Need to be flexible which will include days and nights availability.
- Recent experience of working in a Care Home dementia setting in a senior role
- Previous experience as a Deputy Manager in a Residential Care Home is desirable, however, as a minimum candidates must have an NVQ Level 3 in Social Care
What benefits are included?
1) Competitive salary and comprehensive induction program
2) Focused training and ongoing development programme, supported by your team
3) Nellsar Uniform provided
4) We cover the cost of an Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role*
5) Workplace pension
6) ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
7) Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
Apply for this job today and tell us about yourself, your experiences and the qualities you have which would make you an ideal candidate for this essential and rewarding role.
Feel free to contact us, or arrange a visit, for an informal chat. You could be just a phone call away from starting your career with us!