Job Vacancy: Chef
Location: Hengist Field Care Home, Pond Farm Road, Borden Sittingbourne ME9
Contracted hours: 27 hours per week
Hourly rate of pay: to be discussed
We are looking for a creative professional Chef with excellent leadership skills. You will be passionate about cooking and the people you are cooking for, as well as driving the development of your team.
Our kitchen provides for elderly individuals who often have special diet and nutritional needs. As a Nellsar chef, you will be able to cater for this kind of clientele on a large scale. You will have knowledge of healthcare catering and a willingness to enhance this crucial and specialised skill.
What does the role involve?
You will liaise with our Home Manager, Nutritional Therapist and staff to ensure high-quality fresh, home-cooked food is provided every day. You will also establish a rapport with our residents and their families in order to satisfy their dietary needs. You will be responsible for:
- Planning and producing a rotating four-week menu cycle, within the catering budget.
- Preparing, cooking and serving meals for residents and others as required, in a timely manner.
- Providing a varied diet, catering for the cultural preferences of those who use our services.
- Catering for celebrations and other events in our Home.
- Ordering supplies within the catering budget and company policy guidelines, using approved suppliers.
- Maintaining accurate catering records in accordance with HACCP.
- Participating in inspections by Environmental Health and/or CQC and Local Authorities.
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene within the kitchen by adhering to HACCP and COSHH guidelines.
- Assisting in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by ensuring adherence to Health & Safety and Welfare.
- Ability to manage the Catering Team.
What skills do I need?
- Positive and motivated nature
- Creative and flexible catering skills
- The ability to lead, nurture, train and develop a team
- A sociable and caring personality, with the ability to build a positive relationship with the people we are catering and caring for
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- The ability to prioritise and organise work appropriately
- Excellent time management
- Attention to detail
- A professional and neat appearance
What benefits are included?
- Competitive pay and comprehensive induction
- Ongoing training programme to suit your development needs, e.g. English and Maths skills, dementia training, nutrition training and support in cooking for residents with diabetes, dementia, small appetite and chronic illness
- Nellsar work uniform
- Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
- Workplace pension
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
- Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
- Free on-site parking
Apply for this job today and tell us about yourself, your experiences and the qualities you have which would make you an ideal candidate for this essential and rewarding role. You could be just a phone call away from starting your new career with us!
About Nellsar (www.nellsar.com)
Nellsar is a leading provider of Nursing and Residential Care Homes in South East England. A family-run business, we have been offering quality care services for 30 years. Comprising 13 Care Homes with accommodation for up to 700 residents, our quality facilities cater for the full spectrum of elderly care requirements. We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and are committed to providing a stimulating and fulfilling place to work.
Nellsar Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Part-time hours: 27 per week