Website Silverpoint Court Care Centre
Job Vacancy: Chef
Location: Silverpoint Court Care Centre, Silverpoint Marine, Canvey Island, Essex, SS8 7TN
Contracted hours: 26 hours per week – will include alternate weekends. Shift time is 8am – 3pm 8 shifts across 2 week rolling rota
Hourly rate of pay: Starting at £10.19 per hour
Are you passionate about food? Do you like to get creative with ingredients and whip up dishes that provide both joy and a healthy balance of nutrition to those you are serving? Do you have exceptional leadership skills and the ability to inspire those around you to achieve amazing results? If so, this could be the next step you’ve been looking for.
We’re currently on the lookout for a Chef to lead our professional catering team. You’ll be responsible for providing high quality, attractive dishes for the people in our care with a range of special dietary and nutritional needs. Catering for large-scale clientele in healthcare requires a driven, enthusiastic, and understanding individual. If this is you, please read on…
What does the role involve?
You will liaise with our Home Manager, Nutritional Therapist and staff to ensure that high-quality fresh, home-cooked food is provided every day. You will also establish a rapport with our residents and their families in order to meet their dietary needs. You will be responsible for:
- Planning and producing a rotating four-week menu cycle, within the catering budget.
- Preparing, cooking and serving meals for residents and others as required, in a timely manner.
- Providing a varied diet, catering for the cultural preferences of those who use our services.
- Catering for celebrations and other events in our Home.
- Ordering supplies within the catering budget and company policy guidelines, using approved suppliers.
- Maintaining accurate catering records in accordance with HACCP.
- Participating in inspections by Environmental Health and/or CQC and Local Authorities.
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene within the kitchen by adhering to HACCP and COSHH guidelines.
- Assisting in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by ensuring adherence to Health & Safety and Welfare.
- Ability to manage the Catering Team.
What skills do I need?
- Positive and motivated nature
- Creative and flexible catering skills
- The ability to lead, nurture, train and develop a team
- A sociable and caring personality, with the ability to build a positive relationship with the people we are catering and caring for
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- The ability to prioritise and organise work appropriately
- Excellent time management
- Attention to detail
- A professional and neat appearance
What benefits are included?
- Competitive pay and comprehensive induction
- Ongoing training programme to suit your development needs, e.g. English and Maths skills, dementia training, nutrition training and support in cooking for residents with diabetes, dementia, small appetite and chronic illness
- Nellsar work uniform
- Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
- Workplace pension
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
- Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
- Free on-site parking
If you meet all the above requirements, we’d love to hear from you! It’s also very important to us that as well meeting the job description, you can bring a wealth of experience and qualities that make you ideal for working with the elderly on a daily basis. At Nellsar, we’re people people, and expect a highly engaging, social individual to dive right in with the colourful teams at our homes. So please tell us about yourself and why you would make the perfect candidate for this rewarding role. In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us – you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
The health and well-being of our residents and staff is our priority at Nellsar and vaccination offers the best protection against the COVID-19 virus for those living and working in our Homes. From November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a care home, will need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are exempt under the regulations.