Activities (Recreation and Well-Being Coordinator)
Hourly Rate: Starting at £10.00
Location: Abbotsleigh Care Centre, George Street, Staplehurst, Kent, TN12 0RB
Contracted Hours: Full-Time – to include some weekends
Do you like entertaining others and have the ability to organise fun and stimulating activities? If so, we have a new job opening that may be perfect for you! At Nellsar, we are currently on the lookout for a Recreation and Well-Being Coordinator who is passionate about making a difference to the lives of older people. As well as being hyper organised and having an infectious, positive personality, you will need to be energetic, motivated and creative, with a genuine drive to provide high-quality leisure activities and entertainments for those in our care. If you think we are describing you, then please read on…
What does the role involve?
As a valued member of our team, you will be involved in:
· Ensuring that all our residents have access to a timetable of meaningful activities and are encouraged to participate.
· Arranging outings and entertainment with agreement from our Home Manager.
· Assisting the Activities Manager in planning special occasions such as garden parties, fund raising events and birthday celebrations.
· Working with families to gather life-story information to support person-centred activity care plans.
· Maintaining accurate records of activity for each resident, including social and well-being care plans.
· Ensuring the Home is well stocked with appropriate leisure and recreation equipment.
· Ensuring the health and safety of people who use our services.
· Ensuring our Company Policy on confidentiality and ‘Skills for Care’ Code of Practice is adhered to.
· Continuing development – including participating in staff meetings, ongoing training and appraisals.
What skills do I need?
· Energetic, motivated, creative and caring nature
· Excellent communications skills
· The desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of others
· The ability to manage own time, prioritising and organising work appropriately
· The ability to work under own initiative, unsupervised
· Attention to detail
· A professional and neat appearance
· Full UK Driving License is desirable
What benefits are included?
· Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
· Focused training and ongoing development
· Nellsar work uniform
· Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
· Workplace pension
· 5.6 weeks annual leave
· ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
· Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
· Free on-site parking
The physical health and mental wellbeing of all Nellsar’ s residents and staff is paramount. Vaccination against Covid-19 offers everyone the best protection against the virus. Nellsar recognises the continuing risk of Covid-19 and has processes to manage and mitigate the risk to residents and staff. From the 15th March 2022, staff members will no longer be required to provide proof of vaccination status or proof of valid exemption, however, all staff on commencement of employment and ongoing will be advised of all available immunisations and recommended to ask their GP to immunise them if the risk assessment indicates they would benefit.
If you meet all the above requirements, we’d love to hear from you! It’s also very important to us that as well meeting the job description, you can bring a wealth of experience and qualities that make you ideal for working with the elderly on a daily basis. At Nellsar, we’re people people, and expect a highly engaging, social individual to dive right in with the colourful teams at our homes. So please tell us about yourself and why you would make the perfect candidate for this rewarding role. In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us – you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!