Activities (Recreation and Well-Being)
Hourly rate: Starting at £10 per hour
Location: The Old Downs Care Home, Castle Hill, Hartley Dartford Kent
Do you like entertaining others and have the ability to organise fun and stimulating activities? If so, we have a new job opening that may be perfect for you! At Nellsar, we are currently on the lookout for a Recreation and Well-Being Coordinator who is passionate about making a difference to the lives of older people. As well as being well organised and having a positive personality, you will need to be energetic, motivated and creative, with a genuine drive to provide high-quality leisure activities and entertainments for those in our care. If this sounds like you, then please read on…
What does the role involve?
As a valued member of our team, you will be involved in:
· Ensuring that all our residents have access to a timetable of meaningful activities and are encouraged to participate.
· Arranging outings and entertainment with agreement from our Home Manager.
· Assisting our Activities Manager in planning special occasions such as parties, fundraising events and birthday celebrations.
· Working with families to gather life-story information to support person-centred activity care plans.
· Maintaining accurate records of activity for each resident, including social and well-being care plans.
· Ensuring our Home is well stocked with appropriate leisure and recreation equipment.
· Ensuring the health and safety of people who use our services.
· Ensuring our Company Policy on confidentiality and ‘Skills for Care’ Code of Practice is adhered to.
· Continuing development, including participating in staff meetings, ongoing training and appraisals.
What skills do I need?
· Energetic, motivated, creative and caring nature
· Excellent communication skills
· The desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of others
· The ability to manage own time, prioritising and organising work appropriately
· The ability to work under own initiative, unsupervised
· Attention to detail
· A professional and neat appearance
· Full UK Driving License is desirable
What benefits are included?
· Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
· Paid training hours, ongoing development and opportunities for career progression
· 5.6 weeks annual leave
· Nellsar work uniform
· Staff transport/free on-site parking available
· Workplace pension
· ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
· Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
· Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
If you meet the requirements above, we’d love to hear from you! At Nellsar, we are looking for highly engaging, social individuals to dive right in with the dedicated teams at our Homes. Tell us about yourself and why you would make the perfect candidate for this rewarding role, working with the elderly on a daily basis. In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us – you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
About Nellsar (www.nellsar.com)
Nellsar is a leading provider of Nursing and Residential Care Homes in South-East England. A family-run business, we have been offering quality care services since 1988. Comprising 13 Care Homes with accommodation for over 600 residents, our quality facilities cater for the full spectrum of elderly care requirements. We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and are committed to providing a stimulating and fulfilling place to work. Nellsar Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.