Activities Coordinator (Recreation and Well-Being)
Note: Experience in care or similar role is essential
Location: Woodstock Residential Care Centre, 80 Woodstock Road, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 4HN
Contracted Hours: 28 hours per week (Days) – to include some weekend work)
Rate of Pay: £9.00 (depending on experience)
Can you light up a room with your smile? Change the moment in a minute? Or bring happiness, comfort, fun, compassion and empathy in one breath?
Dance like nobody is watching and sing like nobody is listening! Wear your heart on your sleeve and share your stories.
If this sounds like you we would like to hear from you!
As a Recreation and Well-Being Champion at Nellsar care homes we are looking for someone special, you must have a genuine interest in promoting independence and lifestyle opportunities through stimulating activities for older people.
So what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Provide stimulation and exercise to residents through a wide and varied social and physical activities programme.
- Assess the mental and physical needs of all residents regularly to ensure social and physical activities are provided.
- Experience of working or volunteering with elderly or those with a diagnosis of Dementia
- Experience of hosting activities and being creative
- Liaise closely with residents, their relatives/ friends and our staff to create personalised social physical activities that will engage our residents and reflect their interests and hobbies.
- Develop community links with local groups to encourage inclusion in the local community
- Step outside the box and find new and interesting activities to create new experiences
What benefits are included?
- Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
- Focused training and ongoing development
- Nellsar work uniform
- Enhanced DBS check which is required for the role
- Workplace pension
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- ‘Refer a friend’ payments up to £1000
- Recognition schemes including ‘employee of the month’