Job Vacancy: Activities Coordinator (Recreation and Well-Being Coordinator)
Location: Sonya Lodge Care Home, 10 High Road, Wilmington, Dartford DA2 7EG
Contracted hours: 30 hours, Full-Time (Days) – To include alternate weekends
Temporary Position for 3 months.
Hourly rate of pay: £10.00 per hour
Experience within dementia care desirable.
Do you like entertaining others and have the ability to organise fun and stimulating activities? If so, we have a new job opening that may be perfect for you! At Nellsar, we are currently on the lookout for a Recreation and Well-Being Coordinator who is passionate about making a difference to the lives of older people. As well as being hyper organised and having an infectious, positive personality, you will need to be energetic, motivated and creative, with a genuine drive to provide high-quality leisure activities and entertainments for those in our care. If you think we are describing you, then please read on…
What does the role involve?
As a valued member of our team, you will be involved in:
· Ensuring that all our residents have access to a timetable of meaningful activities and are encouraged to participate.
· Arranging outings and entertainment with agreement from our Home Manager.
· Assisting the Activities Manager in planning special occasions such as garden parties, fund raising events and birthday celebrations.
· Working with families to gather life-story information to support person-centred activity care plans.
· Maintaining accurate records of activity for each resident, including social and well-being care plans.
· Ensuring the Home is well stocked with appropriate leisure and recreation equipment.
· Ensuring the health and safety of people who use our services.
· Ensuring our Company Policy on confidentiality and ‘Skills for Care’ Code of Practice is adhered to.
· Continuing development – including participating in staff meetings, ongoing training and appraisals.
What skills do I need?
· Energetic, motivated, creative and caring nature
· Excellent communications skills
· The desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of others
· The ability to manage own time, prioritising and organising work appropriately
· The ability to work under own initiative, unsupervised
· Attention to detail
· A professional and neat appearance
· Full UK Driving License is desirable
What benefits are included?
· Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
· Focused training and ongoing development
· Nellsar work uniform
· Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
· Workplace pension
·· Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
· Free on-site parking
If you meet all the above requirements, we’d love to hear from you! It’s also very important to us that as well meeting the job description, you can bring a wealth of experience and qualities that make you ideal for working with the elderly on a daily basis. At Nellsar, we’re people people, and expect a highly engaging, social individual to dive right in with the colourful teams at our homes. So please tell us about yourself and why you would make the perfect candidate for this rewarding role. In addition to applying for the job, why not drop us a line and get to know more about us – you could be just a phone call away from an exciting new career!
About Nellsar (www.nellsar.com)
Nellsar is a leading provider of Nursing and Residential Care Homes in South East England. A family-run business, we have been offering quality care services for 30 years. Comprising 13 Care Homes with accommodation for up to 700 residents, our quality facilities cater for the full spectrum of elderly care requirements. We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and are committed to providing a stimulating and fulfilling place to work.
Nellsar Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vaccination offers the best protection against the virus both for staff and care home residents. From 11th November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a care home, will need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are exempt under the regulations.
Entering a care home for a job interview: Anyone who enters a care home for a job interview must show proof of vaccination unless they are exempt. If someone intends to have the vaccination but is not yet vaccinated, the interview should take place outside of the care home or remotely (via video call or telephone).
Recruitment of new staff: The regulations also apply to new staff recruited by the registered provider. It is important to note that only new recruits that have had a full course of an MHRA approved COVID-19 vaccine or are medically exempt from the requirement are eligible to work in the care home. It will only be possible for a newly appointed member of staff to start working in the care home once they have provided evidence of their vaccination status or a medical exemption.
Contract length: 3 months
Contract length: 3 months