Job Vacancy: Registered General Nurse
Location: Hengist Field Care Centre, Pond Farm Road, Borden, Sittingbourne ME9 8LS
Contracted hours: Days 33- 44 hours per week
Hourly rate of pay: Starting from £17.50 PH
We are looking for a positive and motivated Nurse to join our team. You will be passionate about nursing, with a genuine drive to manage a Care Team responsible for those using our services, including our residents, their families and visitors.
What does the role involve?
Your role will be key to driving and motivating our Care Team. You will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of staff to ensure our residents receive quality person-centred care.
- Welcoming and admitting new residents, including care planning and medication.
- Monitoring standards, supervising and inducting staff.
Once you have settled into your role there will be development opportunities linked to your personal interests, such as Tissue Viability Link Nurse, Key Person for Medication ordering, Key Lead for Infection Control, End of life Care, GSF and more.
What skills do I need?
- A compassionate and caring nature
- To be a Qualified Registered General Nurse with valid NMC PIN
- Up-to-date clinical skills
- Knowledge of the current care practices laid down by the CQC
- Knowledge of dementia and palliative care
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to nurture and develop staff
- Ability to foster and develop communication with external agencies
- Ability to manage your workload and maintain standards
- Ability to monitor and maintain clinical skills
- Auditing skills
What benefits are included?
- Competitive pay and comprehensive induction programme
- Excellent training and ongoing development
- Management development opportunities
- Career progression and support with re-validation
- Nellsar work uniform
- Enhanced DBS check which is required for this role
- Workplace pension
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- ‘Refer a Friend’ payments of up to £1000
- Recognition schemes, including ‘Employee of the Month’
- Free on-site parking
- Applicants who require Tier 2 Sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered
Apply for this job today and tell us about yourself, your experiences and the qualities you have which would make you an ideal candidate for this essential and rewarding role.
About Nellsar (www.nellsar.com)
Nellsar is a leading provider of Nursing and Residential Care Homes in South East England. A family-run business, we have been offering quality care services for 30 years. Comprising 13 Care Homes with accommodation for up to 700 residents, our quality facilities cater for the full spectrum of elderly care requirements. We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and are committed to providing a stimulating and fulfilling place to work.
Nellsar Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The physical health and mental wellbeing of all Nellsar’ s residents and staff is paramount. Vaccination against Covid-19 offers everyone
the best protection against the virus. Nellsar recognises the continuing risk of Covid-19 and has processes to manage and mitigate the risk to residents and staff. From the 15th March 2022, staff members will no longer be required to provide proof of vaccination status or proof of valid exemption, however, all staff on commencement of employment and ongoing will be advised of all available immunisations and recommended to ask their GP to immunise them if the risk assessment indicates they would benefit.